Back from my vacations in Paris, relaxing at the “palm beach club” of the Intercontinental Hotel in Muscat, I wanted to compare my life in Paris and in Muscat.
So I've made a list of the things I miss the most in Muscat compared to Paris :
- ADSL for 15Ryals/month at home !!! And when I say ADSL I mean 10Mbits. For the moment there is not even available new phone numbers in Al khuwayr !
- Night life, with variety of crowded bars and real nightclubs welcoming international DJs.
- At least one museum offering quality contemporary art exhibits
- Independant movies at the cinemas, american blockbusters proposed are sometimes boring.
- More affordable restaurants serving wine. Except at the palace restaurants and few exceptions, where can you enjoy a glass of wine and a good meal ?
- More parisian girls in the streets ;)
- More nice pedestrianized areas, where you can sit just sit at a table outside a café and enjoy the surroundings.
I also miss the "beauty" of Paris but I didn't put it in the list as this fact is completely subjective, and that Muscat is also a nice city (I heard it has been elected "most beautiful city" of the gulf last year).
Feel free to add comment to complete this list.
Next, I will described the things that are missing to Paris compared to Muscat.