I've just got back TV signal, since the parabolic antenna has been damaged 2 weeks ago by the cyclone. I've thought it could be interesting for the futur expats to describe what is TV like here in Oman.
So basically you have access to 999 channels, coming from different satellites : hotbird, nilesat, arabsat. Half of these channels are free, but the major ones are not (MTV, CNN, HBO, ESPN, TF1, M6).
available channels are american, english, french, italian, chinese...
But for a french expat like me, here is the list of the channels I watch:
- Dubai one : The latest movies and series (firends, scrubs...) in english (arabic subtitles).
- MBC 2 : Same than Dubai one
- MBC 4 : Same than Dubai one
- Euronews : News in europe
- Arte : Cultural french channel.
- BFM TV : News in France. I stick to it
- TV5 Europe : Programmes from french, belgium and canadian TV
- TV5 France : Programmes from french TV
- NRJ12 : French music channel with famous series like "baywatch" :)
- NT1 : Basically K2000 in french all day long
- Fashion TV arabia : Fashion TV, but without lingerie.